TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

Not precisely "business" per se, but as I was trolling for information on Japanese morphological analyzers (long story, I am on a project using NLP for Japanese news programs), I found this clever AJAX-based Japanese IME that allows you to enter roomaji to get kana, kanji, etc. without having a full-blown IME installed. Just click on that "IME On" button, and whoa-hey! ... Japanese input!

It is apparently based on ChaSen, a complex Japanese morphological analyzing toolkit.

Man, is this not a pretty sweet piece of AJAX?

Views: 470

Replies to This Discussion

Wow - That is very impressive. I wonder if Rikai also uses ChaSen to figure out word boundaries and suggest the right furigana.
Clicked in a link deeper, and found an explanation: rikai uses the kakasi Japanese language processing filter. This Rikai is way cool, too! Man, that looks like a pretty clever use of JavaScript, too!

But more than that: isn't that Zed Shaw in that photograph???

Daniel Leuck said:
Wow - That is very impressive. I wonder if Rikai also uses ChaSen to figure out word boundaries and suggest the right furigana.
Does this coolness not stop???

I just found the Firefox plugin rikaichan, which is based on Todd David Rudick's Rikai.

What a great Friday this is turning out to be.

Brooke Fujita said:
Clicked in a link deeper, and found an explanation: rikai uses the kakasi Japanese language processing filter. This Rikai is way cool, too! Man, that looks like a pretty clever use of JavaScript, too!

But more than that: isn't that Zed Shaw in that photograph???

Daniel Leuck said:

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service