TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

Okay, who else here has heard about the monkey that was running around yesterday morning in Shibuya Station?

I used to live out in Yoga and ride to work on the Den'en-toshi line, which becomes the Hanzomon line at Shibuya Station. I bet this monkey caused quite a bit of disturbance to the daily commute on Tuesday. Lord knows, there are always disturbances and interruptions to the train schedule on the Den'en-toshi/Hanzomon line, but I swear I never saw monkeys.

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

Wow that is crazy. In the middle of Tokyo.
Wow! Maybe he took a train from Nikko. :-)

He could be a pet that ran away. I hope he is OK.
A friend told me she heard some monkey expert say that the monkey may have come from Hachioji.

Which raises some doubts for me:

1. They have monkeys in Hachioji??

2. The monkey transferred at Shinjuku Stn.???

Yeah, that is way crazy. People think it ran away into Yoyogi Park. I think we will probably hear more stories about this monkey.
Brooke Fujita said:

Clearly you haven't met Pan-kun. Not only can he transfer, but he can operate the ticket machine. The first time I saw him my jaw dropped.

Note: Pan-kun is a chimp, but even the Japanese macaques display bizarrely anthropomorphic behavior. In Nikko I've seen them sneak in behind customers to steal candy bars at 7-11 and unzip purses carried by unsuspecting Tokyoites.

(BTW - This was originally posted from Mika's account. I didn't realize she had logged in on my machine. Sorry for the confusion.)
I swear I am not making this up, but I think Pan-kun may have retired from Ken Shimura's TV show and has since joined the Cuddly Dominion. It appears to be a zoo, and not a religious cult or armed militia.

Daniel Leuck said:
Brooke Fujita said:

Clearly you haven't met Pan-kun. Not only can he transfer, but he can operate the ticket machine. The first time I saw him my jaw dropped.

Note: Pan-kun is a chimp, but even the Japanese macaques display bizarrely anthropomorphic behavior. In Nikko I've seen them sneak in behind customers to steal candy bars at 7-11 and unzip purses carried by unsuspecting Tokyoites.

(BTW - This was originally posted from Mika's account. I didn't realize she had logged in on my machine. Sorry for the confusion.)

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service