We are looking for a dedicated Java Developer to develop cutting-edge e-commerce applications using the state-of-the-art web application development frameworks. The right candidate will be a part of a great technical team in an excellent work atmosphere.
• Design the business components for the application using Agile methodologies.
• Implement key business modules in Java using the Spring application framework.
• Develop the Web layer of the application using the Spring MVC framework.
• Object relational mapping using Hibernate. and Spring
• Design the database using the standard RDBMS design techniques and make sure that the database tables are in normalized form.
• Use the Eclipse IDE for development environment and to integrate the source control tool with Eclipse Plug-in.
• Configure the application server to connect to Oracle for data source and to do performance tuning for production level scalability.
• Create Unit Test plans and test the components using Junit.
• Create System integration test plans and document the test results for the integration testing.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Minimum of two years hands on programming experience in Java and/or Perl.
• Familiarity with Java Web Development Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.) and Apache/Tomcat platform.
• Minimum 2 years of Unix experience.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Self-motivated and creative.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• In-depth familiarity with the web-based e-commerce applications.
• Following knowledge a plus: HTML, XML, XML related technologies (XSLT, Xpath, etc), SQL, and database design.
• Strong grasp on web application security issues.
• SQL query optimization, Oracle PL/SQL is a big plus.
• Work with super cool people on awesome projects
• Vacation: 1 week accrual to begin after 1st year of employment for part-time, or 2 weeks accrual to begin after 6 months of full time employment
• 401K effective immediately, with potential 50% match up to 5% of salary
• Bus pass reimbursement
• Flex Spending Accounts
• Full time employees are eligible for family medical coverage at no cost to the employee
If you are interested in a career with a company that can offer fun, rapid growth, lots of opportunity, challenging work and making a difference please respond and include your resume & a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include five of your favorite web sites and one paragraph explaining why you like these sites. Doing this also shows us how well you follow extremely reasonable directions :)
For even more attention include a haiku about how your favorite activity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are awesome, we probably want you.