1. There's a bunch of internship or networking opportunities.
2. IC Space
3. Good amount of resources ranging from clubs to other students and faculty.
Though I do not know much about the ICS program since am a junior in computer engineering, here are some things I found great about the department:
1. The ICS space in POST third floor is a great area for collaboration and fellowship, being open for students to work together.
2. The professors and teaching assistants are all so friendly and helpful in helping students with their ICS classes.
3. The opportunity to obtain free licenses through the college, such as the MS Imagine accounts that were issued in this class, is also great for students.
1. Many effective online resources that are free to the student, over expensive paper textbooks.
2. Qualified professors that teach care about how much students learn.
3. Good curriculum that ensures the student understands the process and not just the answer.
1. Learning how to code in many useful programming languages.
2. Professors care about your course work quality but also they care about your future.
3. Many resources are available to you are free on campus.
1. You get to learn cs in Hawaii.
2. You learn new technologies and will be able to showcase it with projects
3. Being able to meet new people
Three good things that the UH ICS program provides for students is:
1. A positive and outgoing group of professors ready and willing to teach their students. Positive and outgoing professors that willingly teach should not be taken for granted, if you've ever had a professor without one of these qualities the class becomes less of a learning environment and more of a stressful one.
2. A healthy and growing community cultivated by the program, professors, and students alike. I've only met a few students outside of class who were also in the UH ICS program, being as it's my first semester since transferring, but their reactions are always kind and welcoming which I can truly appreciate.
3. The large amount of free resources available to us, the students. Whats more important to me is the resources we can use outside of class, the tutors, teacher assistants, and even events. All of which makes it easier to get help and make new connections with others in this field of study.
Three good things that the UH ICS program is providing for its students:
1. The faculty and staff are very knowledgeable and approachable.
2. ICSpace, it provides a great place for students to study and unwind.
3. The faculty train you not only in computer science, but also how to make yourself marketable and competitive when seeking a job after program completion.
1. Learning a skill that can be molded to be useful in countless different ways.
2. Having an abundance of outside material to reference for any problems you run into.
3. Understanding first hand how changes in technology affected the past, and how they will continue to affect the future.
1. Many professors give good advice from years of industry experience.
2. Lots of help outside of class.
3. Multiple clubs with different interests to further explore computer science.
1. Free or discount prices for programs
2. Unique opportunities that Hawaii presents for students, such as government research for pearl harbor
3. Providing ee students a chance to join computer science programs
1. There are many student groups you can join to improve your skills and meet new people.
2. Many classes have TAs who are often available to offer help.
3. Study area in POST is an available workspace where you can also find help.