Time: November 16, 2009 to November 20, 2009
Location: Oahu - Hale Koa, Maui (Kihei)- Maui Research and Technology Center, Big Island (Kona) - King Kam Hotel
Website or Map: http://htdc.org/sbir-conferen…
Phone: (808) 539-3806
Event Type: conference
Organized By: High Technology Developoment Corporation
Latest Activity: Sep 11, 2009
Funding for Early-stage Technologies and Innovations leading to Commercialization
SBIR has proven to be one of the most successful federal programs for technological advancement in U.S. history, delivering more than 60,000 patents and hundreds of valuable innovations in agriculture, defense, energy, health sciences, homeland security, space, transportation, and other fields. The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer Research (STTR) programs SBIR is a federal program that funds small businesses to develop high-risk innovations of critical need.
The U.S. SBIR is a three-phased program with awards usually up to $100,000 for developing a proof of concept in Phase I, and typically up to $750,000 for development work (often resulting in a prototype) in Phase II. Companies develop and market the SBIR product, attract outside investment and further commercialize in Phase III. Eleven federal agencies participate in the SBIR program: U.S. Departments of Agriculture; Commerce; Defense; Education; Energy; Health and Human Services; Homeland Security; Transportation; Environmental Protection Agency; NASA; and the National Science Foundation.
STTR is modeled on the SBIR program and stimulates technology transfer through cooperative research between small businesses and non-profit research institutions. UH researchers are encouraged to partner with small businesses to compete under the STTR program.
Conference Dates and Locations:
November 16, 2009 (Monday) – OAHU, Hale Koa Hotel
November 17, 2009 (Tuesday) – MAUI, Maui Research & Technology Center
November 19, 2009 (Thursday) – HAWAII, King Kamehameha Hotel
November 20, 2009 (Friday) – OAHU, Honolulu, NEW Training Day included in Registration Fee
Session information can be found at www.htdc.org/sbir conference-2009
• A rare opportunity to learn from and individually meet with federal SBIR managers from Washington, D.C. at one location
• A comprehensive overview of the SBIR/STTR programs and how you can participate
• Updates on the technologies and innovations the SBIR/STTR programs will fund this year
• *NEW* We want you to succeed with your federal grant or contract! At Training Day on 11/20:
SESSION 1: Federal cost accounting and how to pass an audit;
SESSION 2: Learn about strategic planning for your government-funded intellectual property
Who Should Attend the Conference?
• Entrepreneurs that develop new technologies or innovations
• Small businesses new to the SBIR/STTR program
• Experienced SBIR/STTR companies interested in learning about new SBIR/STTR initiatives and program changes
• University researchers interested in partnering with small businesses on collaborative R&D projects
• Any company interested in developing strategic alliances with successful SBIR/STTR awardees
• Consultants and organizations that provide business support to SBIR/STTR companies and applicants
To register please visit the conference website at: http://htdc.org/sbir-conference-2009
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities available
For more information email email@example.com, or visit the conference website for a downloadable flyer.