TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

Whether you're a WordPress noob or ninja, sometimes you run into a problem and need to be rescued.  There's a nice list up at this blog post: Where to get help with WordPress.

To add to that list, here are a few of my favorites:

WPBeginner - This is my go-to resource for tutorials.  Whenever I need to figure out how to do something in WordPress, 90 percent of the time WPBeginner has written about it. 

Despite the name, they often explain advanced topics, such as how to connect your site to a content delivery network (CDN).  They use screenshots, code snippets, and clear writing to take you step-by-step through common tasks. 

Sucuri.net - They're a web security firm that specializes in fixing hacked WordPress sites.  I haven't had to use them yet (knock on wood), but they were recommended to me by a top blogger. 

They sell annual plans where they'll monitor your sites for malware.  Sucuri also offers a free scan of your website, you just have to enter your URL on their site.  It's worth subscribing to their blog's RSS feed too, for updates on security threats.

What are your favorite sites for getting help with WordPress?

Views: 51

Replies to This Discussion

This will help me. Thank you. 

Urgent:

I have to set up a WP website quick to promote The Lovelink Project, an important art for peace and nonviolence initiative.  We need WP web help NOW. Why?

The Lovelink Project is soliciting resources now for a community art project in mid Nov. (during APEC Summit) This is a nonprofit art program founded in New York in 1985.

A one page profile of Lovelink can be seen at:  MichaelDalyArtist/TheLovelinkProject

The coming Lovelink project for APEC is developing and may be neutral or leaning toward opposed to APEC -not sure yet.

Our theme is PACIFIC SUSTAINABILITY

---

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service