Not an ICS student (I'm a ME) but I'll give my observations as an outsider
1. Nice focus on trying to teach people regardless of starting skill level or background
2. Numerous opportunities for help, whether that be with a TA or through one of the club programs
3. Given opportunities through clubs, research, or internships to put into practice what is taught in class
1)Inviting employers to come onto campus is really nice
1. Great program to network. There are some really brilliant students in the program and that really helps.
2. Emails are sent frequently about different workshops and internships being offered from Gerald
1. In my experience so far, some professors utilize a "flipped classroom" teaching style which forces ICS students to become more independent learners.
2. ICS students also learn to be better communicators and team players in their classes as much of class time tends to be group oriented.
3. ICS students at UH have passionate professors in their respected fields. Though I have not accessed this facility, I have also heard that our department has an excellent lab called the LAVA lab for advanced visualization.
I am a Computer Engineering student, so I can write 3 good things about the engineering department.
1. There are many opportunities to participate in unique projects.
2. The clubs are a good way to get tutoring, and involvement in engineering or the community.
3. Holmes hall is a a great place to study due to the computer lab.
1. The ICS program offers a wide range of different classes and skill sets so we can experience a wider range of fields.
2. The classes I have taken so far are relevant and are useful.
3. There are a lot of resources and opportunities that are available to us.
1. Learning from the professionals, some of the professors are really good in this department.
2. Learning alongside other students in the same place, this is good for collaboration
3. We are given lots of resources to help us through this journey.
1. I like how Gerald constantly emails us opportunities we can do to build our knowledge.
2. I like all the peer to peer support there are, such as Panda for ICS-311, and how some classes made discord servers to help each other out.
3. I like how there are a lot of resources to utilize, like the computer labs, the study room in POST, and RadGrad. They make it easier to learn and plan for the future.
1. Resources for help, internships, jobs.
2. Connections to potential future employees through workshops and events.
3.Broad variety of selection of 400+ level classes, that adapts to new technology and trends
1. Free software and resource (MSDN)
2.potential work and internship opportunity
3.We have a platform for some specific class. We can easiler figure out the class information.
© 2023 Created by Daniel Leuck. Powered by