1. There are a lot of classes that would like for you to collaborate with others. This will not only help us learn to work with others it also creates a network of people who are willing to help you when you need it.
2. Having great people to help us out from the professor, TA's and adviser. The professors and the TA's are very passionate and are willing to help you. The advisers are very knowledgeable and will give you advice. They also send emails out of real world opportunities that pop up.
3. Learning many different coding languages will help us in our future careers. This and also many problem solving techniques that help us look at coding differently.
This is about CENG,
Some good things about the CENG program:
1. There are many resources available from the Engineering department, e.g. computer labs, software, etc.
2. Being able to work with people from other tracks in the College of Engineering makes things more diverse/fun.
3. The professors/staff seem really enthusiastic, and out to help all the students.
(This is for CENG)
Three good things that are provided by the UH CENG programs are:
1. Career preparations and profile building, as well as helping with job/internship opportunities
2. Of the CENG professors I've interacted with, they really encourage students to try and build up their profile, and guides us to more learn more applicable things in the field
3. The professors teaching have built up their resources over years, so a lot of the materials presented are well polished and they know what they're talking about, and they know which pieces are outdated and point it out to try and keep students up to date with what's happening in the CENG world.
1. The ability to go to any CS Professionals/Professors and ask them for feedback on CS related topics.
2. As I go on with my CS degree, I noticed that there is a lot more collaboration with other classmates through the upper-division classes. It pressures me to become more social and emotional towards the different projects. Which is a very good thing to have in the future. The ICS program has a break room for all cs majors to go to if you want to wind down or work with others.
3. Since computer science is a vague occupation, you have the free range to different focus areas that interests you.
1. It provides students with more different resources and tools that help to learn knowledge.
2. Get to know people that are in the same major to help each other out.
3. Many different opportunities that help build up the career path.
A few good things about being a CENG student:
1) The tools needed (aside from having a computer) to function for the class like IDEs and other developer tools does not cost any extra money.
2) By nature of ICS, you are able to get results for your work very quickly at the comfort of just simply being on your computer.
3) Lots of opportunities with big and fairly big tech companies.
What are three good things that the UH ICS program is providing for its students?
1) The great thing that the UH ICS program offers us is how to access a wide variety of knowledge and problems.
2) The UH ICS program has a very good class atmosphere.
3) The curriculum of the UH ICS program is pretty good. It's great to be able to build your overall knowledge of computer science.
1. So far from all the UH ICS courses I've taken, all the professors and TA's have been very supportive, helpful, and knowledgeable. They are willing to help whenever someone has a question and are understandable with situations students might be struggling with.
2. I think that being a student in the ICS program at UH gives you so many resources to succeed. Not only there are the professors and TA's who help you, but there are also the clubs. There is the Grey Hats club for those who are interested in cybersecurity, and PANDA which helps those who are taking ICS 311.
3. I think they're a lot of great courses that we can take in the ICS department. There are a variety of topics that seem very appealing to take at UH. Courses such as data science, cybersecurity, AI, software engineering, and even smaller topics such as app or web design.
1. Most of the professors and TAs are very friendly and willing to help students learn and grow. They are very good at teaching and problem solving and are also very assessable outside of class hours.
2. There are many clubs and events that help students learn and connect with other students in related majors outside of their classes. It helps add some variety in how students learn computer science topics and they get to learn about other fields too.
3. The ICS department provides a lot of resources that help students find and secure jobs in their related fields.
1. The ICS teachers and faculty are very friendly and helpful. When you have trouble doing an assignment, they make it easy for you to ask for help if you do not understand.
2. The amount of opportunities they email us about. This is including jobs, internships, workshops, etc.
3. The ICS curriculum is very broad. These classes will prepare you for the outside world no matter what field you go into for computer science.