1. Department provides students opportunities to work with technology.
2. Department provides good communication with ICS students with course websites.
3. Department frequently asks students for reviews which is key in improving the overall experience of the program.
1) Free software such as Windows 10 OS, Microsoft office and some antimalware\
2) nice classrooms. Good sized tables, movable seats, airconditioned rooms.
3) Small study space on the 3rd floor of POST.
Three good things about being a UH ICS student
1. No textbook, most resource can find online and many different code example.
2. Improve the skills and understanding of programming, it help to get better in computer science for the future.
3. Assignment give students more opportunity to work together and communicate.
1. Most classes don't require students to buy textbooks or professors provide online textbooks for students. Personally, this makes it feel like ICS professors are considerate about the tuition expenses of their students and makes it feel like they're ahead of the game in terms of resources for learning.
2. Things you learn in ICS are very practical and the skills ICS students have will be in high demand in the workforce and the future of technology.
3. There are many clubs dedicated towards computer science and can help students be more familiar with their areas of interest.
1. Online classes. It makes commuting to school a lot easier. And it also takes some of the stress off because you can do the work at your own pace.
2. Lots of different courses. There is a wide variety of choices for classes to take, to explore other possible interests within the ICS field.
1. Online ICS lectures from LCC - I took ICS 241 online over the summer and all of the lecture videos were very explanatory and great to learn from.
2. Teaches you critical thinking - Learning how to not only figure out why something is working but also why something is not working (hello semicolons!).
3. Courses are well-structured - In ICS 211 and ICS 314, I really like how it's organized into modules and each skill you learn in the previous module builds up towards the next module.
1: learning from professionals.
2: Availability of information.
3: Free Software.
1. Helping students get accustomed to using tools often used by professionals
2. Helping us learn to solve problems and create solutions quickly and efficiently
3. Encouraging people to work in groups in order to improve communication skills
1. Free software for students
2. Hawaii has a unique perspective in technology.
3. Online classes make things easier.
1. UH makes it easy to surround yourself with likeminded people.
2. Access to software that otherwise would have to be paid for a premium.
3. Being able to network with professionals and attend industry talks.
1. The ability to gain practical programming experience.
2. Support for clubs and student-led organizations.
3. Internship and job opportunities that are communicated to the program administration by employers.
1. Job prospects are relatively high
2. Networking within the software scene on Hawaii and at UH is excellent.
3. Valuable skills that are highly applicable to any job outside and inside UH, that are carried onto life