TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

Greetings, all,

Gerald Lau (glau@hawaii.edu) and I were chatting this morning and we would like to build on the success of last year's lunch meetings where we brought in local companies to present to our students. From your end, this is a great way for you to pitch your company to soon-to-be-graduating students. From our end, the more exposure we can provide our students to the interests and needs of the local high tech community, the more motivated they become as they see the concrete benefits of their education.

The basic idea is to have a two hour meeting around lunchtime, with pizza provided. Companies can do a 15 minute powerpoint presentation. This gives us 8 slots; if more companies are interested in a given semester, we can do it over multiple days.

We are planning to do this every year in November and April. Please contact Gerald if you like to participate, either now or in the future. If you have friends and colleagues in other organizations who might want to participate, please email them and point them to this announcement.

Thanks for your help in working together to build the local high tech community,

Philip Johnson

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

sounds great. Referentia would love to participate. I will also relay this message to the other dual use companies.
Philip, I would be happy to present (Alion Science and Technology - Defense Contractor, I do mainly Java development here). I am not sure when our company will be hiring in Hawaii in the near future.

We do have job openings on the mainland right now, and hopefully we will be growing our office locally (as well as hiring at PACOM).
I just got the green light from the managers. So datahouse will be there as well.
Sounds great!

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service