TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

This discussion will highlight where our ICS alumni are now.

Where are you working? Did you go onto graduate school? What have you learned since school? Etc, etc...

The idea is to get an idea where our alumni run off to after they graduate.

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

I am working as a Q.A./Junior Programmer in Tetris Online. And I like what I do. :)
I'm in an office, there are walls, and large pieces of gray nondescript modular furniture.

I work for datahouse and am currently subcontracted to their Kamehameha Schools / Bishop Estate Software Dev team.
I work at Alion Science and Technology, as a software engineer. Our company has a large east coast presence, and a smaller operation in Hawaii.

Prior to that I worked at Akimeka and DirecTV Inc. I spent the longest time at DirecTV, a little over 3 years, while I was getting my Master's at USC. And prior to that, I was an ICS student at UH =)
I got my Masters degree from our very own UH ICS Department. Here is a link to my thesis Priority Ranked Inspection: Supporting Effective Inspection in Reso.... Another cool thing is that during my graduate studies, i worked at the Jet Propulsion Lab. That was made possible by being a Graduate Research Assistant in the Collaborative Software Development Laboratory . It was a great experience and was really useful as a talking point for interviews, etc. not to mention a really really really really cool place.

Now, i am engineering supervisor and software engineer at Referentia Systems Incorporated. i've been here for about 3 years.
I currently work as a security consultant for Accuvant. Although I currently live in Las Vegas, my job takes me on the road about 75% of the time to various customer sites and solve problems for them. Possessing both working knowledge of network and software is what landed me this job.

Prior to this, I've worked as a UNIX/Linux system administrator, a network engineer, and a software developer at various different companies.

Before that, I was an ICS student at UH with Sid :-)
I got tired of staring out the window at the ocean, so I went back to school (at UH).

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service