TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

HB2984 will be heard tomorrow @ 8:30am in House conference room 312 by EBM.  This bill is Relating to Tax Credits, it extends the tax credit for research activities for 1 year. 

If this bill affects you or your company you are strongly encouraged to submit testimony.  You can submit testimony online or in person.  Please visit our website www.hiscitech.org, there you will find a link to the State's online testimony portal.

Mahalo!

ksd

Views: 70

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a link to the bill for your convenience:

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2010/lists/measure_indiv.aspx?...

Mike
Aloha Keiki-Pua,

Thank you for the heads-up on this bill coming to committee. I was unable to attend but hope that you can provide some notes from the meeting.

Did HiSciTech Council submit testimony? If so would you please post it here or provide a link to it?

I see the measure passed out of committee with amendments...can you tell us what those amendments include?

I've heard one quick report but would appreciate a first hand report from a representative of our industry.

Thanks!

Mike
808-292-6862
I am strongly opposed to the proposed amendment to this bill that calls for an early sunset to the Act 221 investor tax credit. Please see the link below for more details and a proposed alternative approach.

http://hightechhawaii.mp/blog/potential-early-sunset-to-act-221-inv...
Hi Mike,

The Vice Chair asked if we'd be open to working with them to determine a revenue neutral solution to help them balance the budget. I am anxiously awaiting the ammendments to see what actually got put in the bill. The good news is that it passed out of committee and is not "dead". The represesentatives are willing to work with industry-- that is a positive response in my opinion.

HSTC will be watching this bill as well as others.
-ksd

Mike Curtis said:
Aloha Keiki-Pua,

Thank you for the heads-up on this bill coming to committee. I was unable to attend but hope that you can provide some notes from the meeting.

Did HiSciTech Council submit testimony? If so would you please post it here or provide a link to it?

I see the measure passed out of committee with amendments...can you tell us what those amendments include?

I've heard one quick report but would appreciate a first hand report from a representative of our industry.

Thanks!

Mike
808-292-6862
Thanks for your perspective Keiki-Pua. Please keep us all informed as this proceeds. Once you have read the amended bill and obtained direction from your Board I'd like to know what official position the organization plans to take.

Thanks again!

Mike

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service