TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

I'll be buying two iPhones at the end of Aug at the Apple Store. Anything I should watch out for? Any snafus moving from T Mobile over to AT&T services? I've already confirmed my T Mobile contract ends Aug 28 so on Aug 29, I can move it over to AT&T. Any fees I might get hit up with on either end?

Thanks!
Russel

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

If you want to keep your number, you MUST wait until Aug 29th to switch, and be prepared to wait up to a few weeks for the process to work. Also, if you want anything even remotely complex, I'd suggest trying the AT&T store instead, as they're more likely to deal better with AT&T issues.
I agree. The Apple store at Ala Moana had us wait in line for 30 minutes and then told us AT&T had "unexpectedly shut down their subscription feed because of timezone confusion." Every inquiry we had about upgrading when you have a family plan, etc. was redirected to AT&T. The next day they told us our contract wasn't mature enough to upgrade and that we should come back in November. That would have been really useful information at the beginning of the fiasco. Being herded around by a bunch of know-it-all teenagers topped off our delightful customer service experience.
Jon Rosebaugh:Also, if you want anything even remotely complex, I'd suggest trying the AT&T store instead, as they're more likely to deal better with AT&T issues.
I may have gotten lucky but, I had T-Mobile with an expired contract and was
able to go to the Ala Moana Apple store and walk out in 30 minutes with an IPhone
including having my number transfered from T-Mobile to AT&T. The transfer process
was almost instant.

All in all it was a pretty painless experience despite some of the nightmares I have
heard about waiting in line etc.

> Any fees I might get hit up with on either end?

There is a $35 fee charged by AT&T when you activate the phone.

-Brian
Thank you. So does this mean I cannot use either phone for a few weeks while carriers sort me out (literally!)? I am waiting till Aug 29 till I shop. I may delay it a few days to be safe.

Maybe I should go to AT&T store?

Jon Rosebaugh said:
If you want to keep your number, you MUST wait until Aug 29th to switch, and be prepared to wait up to a few weeks for the process to work. Also, if you want anything even remotely complex, I'd suggest trying the AT&T store instead, as they're more likely to deal better with AT&T issues.

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service