**No Relocation Assistance offered. In-State candidates only**
We are looking for a Sr. SQL DBA for for a direct hire job in Honolulu. If you would like to apply, please email us your updated resume in the word doc format. Referrals are welcome too
Provides support for multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data. Works on multiple projects as a project team member, or sometimes as a project advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for database support of enterprise information systems. Defines physical requirements and designs physical data structures supporting applications requirements. May assist in the design of logical data structures and provide support for data warehouses, data marts and e-business. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Maintains the physical data model and controls the physical database definition according to business rules and structure. Designs from specification of object name, data structure and data stores.
- Provides logical and physical database design. Analyzes data requirements and develops design specifications. Designs, constructs and implements operational data stores, and data marts that enable informational, analytical management inquiry.
- Provides, evaluates and develops data access tools and techniques to enable information access by business users.
- Develops, tracks and reports database performance metrics.
- Defines and analyzes test requirements. Creates test files and performs system tests. Directs and may perform integration testing.
- Monitors, analyzes and calibrates DBMS parameters so that the database is tuned for optimal performance.
- Provides technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring to less-experienced individuals. Coordinates with others as needed to analyze root causes and develop solution to prevent recurrence. Leads communication with technical and user community.
- Schedules and performs upgrades of databases, adding new structures and elements, taking into account system specific dependencies. Assists in establishing the methods and procedures of database installations.
- Establishes and supports enterprise database development standards.
- Complies with industry, government and technology standards for health care data formats.
- Assists in establishing enterprise metadata models.
- Documents and reviews new changes to policies and procedures and database.
- Performs or assists in database backup and recovery procedures.
- Directs training of staff.
- Evaluates new and future data technologies and makes recommendations for software and hardware upgrades.
- Bachelors degree in programming/systems, computer science or mathematics, specialized database-related training, certification or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Four years of experience working with various database management systems (e.g. SQL) in database design, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration
Zehra A. Zaidi
Bishop & Company, Inc.
Placing Great People in Great Jobs
841 Bishop Street, Suite 1614
Honolulu, HI 96813
If you are on LinkedIn, feel free to view and add me to your network: http://www.linkedin.com/in/zzaidi