We are looking for a SQL Server DBA for a 15 month project in Honolulu. The job description is as follows. Please contact us if you are interested or would like to refer a friend.
The job responsibilities are:
- Operational support of Microsoft SQL Server database environments system and to maintain the system at optimum overall efficiency.
- Ensuring maximum performance and database uptime within organizational constraints by making tuning recommendations based on performance analysis, creating and testing backups for production databases, and monitoring of the database systems.
- Perform regular analysis to determine and make recommendations relating to performance, security, and efficiency of database systems.
- Ensure security on production databases follow documented procedures.
- Define and implement access controls to the databases and assist in user provisioning and access to databases using proper controls.
- Ensuring that the database environment is patched with the latest fixes and against security exposures.
- Perform installation of new databases and related DB management software.
- Configuration of software to monitor database for performance, security, and integrity.
- Ensuring proper change management process for any changes or updates to the database environments.
- Carry out and maintain the overall design of databases, including standard data definitions, data dictionary, database security, privacy and recovery systems and any necessary support software
Requirements: Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years of DBA experience in an IT support or software development environment. Must have demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 Must have excellent verbal, written, promotional and negotiation skills. Preferred certification in Microsoft SQL Server DBA or the like.