Exciting career opportunity on Maui! This is an ON ISLAND position. No requests for remote work proposals will be considered.
Pacific Whale Foundation was founded in 1980 by a small group of people who were determined to help save whales from extinction. Today Pacific Whale Foundation has approximately 150 employees in Maui and the capability to tackle a wide range of issues, projects and programs in its ongoing efforts to promote marine conservation, research and education. We share a common passion for protecting whales, dolphins, and the marine environment.
Do you wish to devote your time, talents and knowledge to help protect whales, dolphins and our planet's oceans?
Pacific Whale Foundation has an opening for our Senior Programmer.
Skills must have:
* Ubuntu Systems Administration
Skills nice to have:
* Experience with HTML5
* Experience with Flex/Actionscript
* Experience with iPhone/Android App development
* Experience with integrating outside APIs (Al-Pro / Facebook / Twitter / Google Maps / Payment processors)
* Experience with SEO marketing and related tools (Adwords / Adsense)
* Develop and maintain all Pacific Whale Foundation web sites and servers (currently 8) including e-commerce, blog, and mapping services
* Design new web sites and services to better use social networks and emerging technologies
* Troubleshoot staff/customer web support issues
* Work with graphics department to bring web design in sync with that of print.
* All Linux server (Ubuntu) support for the IT department
* Code and Database backup and Deployment
* Overflow Desktop Windows/Mac support for the IT department. 5 locations, 7 vessels on Maui.
* Must be self-motivated, patient, and detail oriented
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programing and the Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP stack
* 10+ years programming experience in PHP
* 5+ years programming experience in Drupal
* Firm understanding of Internet and Web Service concepts/technologies (XHTML, WSDL, XSD, XML, XSLT)
* Good communications skills
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* Minimum of 10 years experience as a Developer
To apply for any of our posted jobs, please send a cover letter and resume by the closing date to email@example.com
and you MUST
include the EXACT
position title in the subject line, or mail your documents to: Human Resources, Pacific Whale Foundation, 300 Ma'alaea Road, Suite 211, Wailuku, HI 96793.