BEI Consulting is looking for more than a programmer. We need someone that is not only a talented programmer/developer but an individual that can sit down with our client to work out a solution that is beneficial for both. We build custom solutions.
Position Title: Senior IT Consultant - Programmer
Senior Consultants deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business solutions and technology. They review processes and implement systems for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyzes data gathered and recommends potential client improvements/ alternatives.
2. Develops detailed specifications for system customization.
3. Develops system test cases.
4. Identifies data conversion needs and develops plan for conversion.
5. Determines solutions for technical issues.
6. Develops migration and implementation plans (including subcontractors).
7. Identifies implementation and support issues.
8. Identifies inter-departmental, organizational and technology issues.
9. Identifies, communicates and participates in the mitigation of risks.
10. Write required system, operations, and user level documentation and diagrams.
11. Provides training to clients on how to use the systems.
12. Generate project status reports and conduct project status meetings.
13. Ability to travel to meet project requirements.
14. Performs other duties as required.
1. Ability to write program code for the following programming languages and technologies
2. Experience with object oriented language, Java, or C#
3. Good working knowledge of XML
4. Adobe LiveCycle Designer and/or Acrobat forms experience is an asset.
5. Experience with web development methodology (Flex, AJAX) is an asset.
6. GIS experience is an asset.
7. Application designer skills and experience in J2EE applications.
8. Experience in back-end, middleware and front-end Java applications design and development.
9. Strong knowledge of data modeling, UML and design patterns.
10. Strong skills and knowledge in design, development, implementation and performance optimization of modern software systems including use of major SQL databases and development of distributed application software
12. Use of FTP software and its protocols.
1. Minimum 2+ years experience of Java J2EE in a production environment.
2. Strong written and oral communication skills to facilitate knowledge transfer to client staff.
3. Excellent time management skills to meet multiple project priorities and deadlines.
4. Must pass a criminal history background check.
5. Must pass a Health and immunization requirements.
6. Must have high level of computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing, presentation, and database software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Access).
7. Graduate from an accredited college in information technology, or related fields
8. Strong capabilities in Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Project, Access and Word.
HUMAN RELATIONS AND SUPERVISION
1. Frequent contact with all levels of management.
2. Ability to manage conflict and amicably resolve client issues.
HOW TO APPLY
Immediate Hire. Position open till filled. Please contact John Higuchi at 808-532-7509 to discuss any questions you may have. Please email a letter describing yourself and your career goals along with your resume to John Higuchi: email@example.com.
Additional information about BEI Consulting and a few of our past projects can be found on BEIconsultants.com