WHO WE ARE
Eggup.com is a Honolulu internet think tank focusing on Video On Demand (VOD) and rich internet application (RIA) technology.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking to hire a rockstar Ruby/Rails engineer.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer who has experience creating RIA solutions based on complex requirements in a fast paced environment. The candidate must have experience creating solutions that are intuitive and easy to use as users represent a broad cross section of technology ability and experience. The candidate must also possess the ability to think strategically and assist with the execution of aggressive information technology plans.
- Enjoy the start-up atmosphere, and flexible with shifting priorities.
- Be results driven—always. Must be willing to do what it takes to make each project or task a success.
- Quick learner. Must know when to listen, and when to take charge.
- Think big, and bring new ideas to the table, regardless of your rank or title.
- Obsessive about quality and customer satisfaction.
- Overriding ambition and proactive nature, combined with the ability to inspire others.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
* Be one of the guys that makes Rails scaling happen
* Build out infrastructure to support rapid, scalable social application development
* Work on products that millions (we're serious) of people use every single day
* Contribute back to open source projects like god and merb
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• 5 years experience in creating web applications and object-oriented design
• 2 years experience creating web applications using Ruby on Rails
• Experience in writing software in more than one programming language
• Experience in at least one MVC framework – one of which must be Ruby on Rails
• Experience with Software Configuration Management systems (SVN, CVS, Git etc)
• Experience with relational databases, SQL queries and overall database design – PostgreSQL a plus
• Experience with UNIX operating systems, including basic system administration tasks
• Paypal integration experience
• Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
• Ability to communicate realistic assessments of project status
• Ability to compile thorough documentation (as directed)
• Ability to manage tight deadlines
Preferred Experience / Education:
* BSCS degree preferred, or significant professional experience and certifications.
Please submit resume.