*No Relocation Assistance offered. In-State candidates only**
We are looking for a Project Manager- IT for for a direct hire job in Honolulu. If you would like to apply, please email us your updated resume in the word doc format. Referrals are welcome too.
Job Summary: Works on multiple projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction. Manages small- and medium-sized, moderately complex projects or large proejct with support of from another project manager.
Assignments may require this position to serve as IT Project Manager (PM) or Sr. Systems Analyst (SSA) or both.
Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for analysis, design, modeling and architecture for application systems and domains. Manages the maintenance and support of assigned application system(s). May participate in development, maintenance and support activities. Responsible for managing IT projects using structured methods. Manages the planning, execution, controlling, and closure of projects. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Manages projects using approved company methods. (PM)
- Manages, leads, and/or participates in the project planning process with clients, business analysts, and team members. Manages and/or participates in technical and business planning for future direction of application domain. (SSA/PM)
- Manages or leads assigned projects and coordinates with others involved (i.e., BRM, PSS, BSDI, customers, etc.). Provides assessments in a timely manner. May do assessments alone or in combination with IS resources. Monitors projects to ensure schedule and quality are met. (SSA/PM)
- Manages or participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with clients to improve business processes. Generally involves using and improving information systems. Documents discussion and agreements. (SSA/PM)
- Develops detailed project plans and schedule (or assists in the development of work plan timelines). May manage workflows to meet sub-project timeframes. (SSA/PM)
- Receives high-level business requirements and develops detailed requirements. Prioritizes efforts. (SSA/PM)
- Refines resource requirements and forms project teams. Further defines estimates for financial, physical or human resources to support long-term projects and programs. (SSA/PM)
- Develops methods, procedures and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress. Utilizes established project standards, procedures and quality objectives, sometimes with assistance. (SSA/PM)
- Conducts project kickoff meeting, communicating individual roles and project expectations and ensuring that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively. (PM)
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. (SSA/PM)
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates, scope, cost and quality to identify potential risks. Initiates ways to resolve schedule and other project-related issues. Keeps management aware of the situation. (SSA/PM)
- Assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost and quality objectives. (SSA/PM)
- Conducts project review and closure at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction. (PM)
- Continuously provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance. (SSA/PM)
- Complies with application architecture processes, principles, policies and standards. Provides input to architecture policies and standards for application systems and domains. (SSA/PM)
- Makes buy vs. build recommendations. Provides input into evaluation of system options, risk, cost versus benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals. (SSA)
- Develops technical specifications for applications. Serves as technical subject matter expert for development of new code or reuse of existing code. (SSA)
- Identifies best sources of data and works with data architects to ensure feasibility with corporate data sources, when needed. (SSA)
- Complies with quality standards and procedures. Participates in software inspections and quality reviews. Participates in defining development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development and integration. (SSA)
- Conducts unit testing to ensure application meets specifications. Creates integration test plans. Designs and consults on test plans at all levels within an application domain. (SSA)
- Manages relationship with external vendors working to support project requirements. Assesses performance against project milestones / schedule, metrics, scope, quality as defined by contract specifications. Acts as liaison between business client and vendor. (SSA/PM)
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. May provide technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members. Provides technical guidance or business process expertise. Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed. (SSA/PM)
- Develop and maintains a productive working relationship with project stakeholders. (SSA/PM)
- Mentors junior positions to increase core systems knowledge and HMSA IT best practices. (SSA/PM)
- May be assigned the role of Team Lead which involves resource planning assignments. (SSA/PM)
- Bachelor's degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience.
- Four years of IT project management or equivalent application development and support work experience.