Hawaii Pacific University is looking for a Manager, Business Process Improvement.
For more information and to apply, go to http://www.hpu.edu/employment. Recruitment period closes on December 16, 2011.
Management of functional operations schedule, staff, service delivery, software release management, project planning, work prioritization and resource workloads for Data Services department. Supervise and review the work and duties of Business Analysts. Organize an inventory of business process diagrams, user acceptance test plans, user training resources in the deployment of business critical applications, business support systems, and enterprise resource management systems, such as Sungard Higher Education Banner system, fsaAtlas, Hobsons, Cognos. Provide assistance to the University as a liaison from the Data Services department in the support of administrative information systems by contributing a thorough knowledge of Banner Finance system functionality and gaining knowledge of the HPU business utilization of the system. Manage and review the work and duties of Business Analysts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or related field, or seven years’ experience in lieu of degree
• Five years managerial experience with functional and/or technical staff
• Management understanding of administrative information systems, business operations
• Two years’ experience in multi-functional project management
• Business systems analysis background with emphasis on enterprise database systems
• Five years’ experience in SunGard BANNER Finance module, continuous improvement of business procedures, process analysis, data reporting analysis, user acceptance testing, end-user training
• Two years advanced knowledge of SunGard BANNER General, Student, Financial Aid
• Proficiency with MS Office applications and reporting tools
• Basic SQL query and relational database working knowledge.
• Masters of Business Administration or Masters Information Systems
• Certification or education in user acceptance testing, end-user training, business process analysis, information security best-practices
• Seven or more years’ experience in Sungard Banner Finance and/or other modules including integration with Luminis and WebCT
• Seven or more years’ experience in higher education administration
• Experience in business process analysis, continuous process improvement, understanding, modifying, and documenting cross-functional business procedures, work-flow diagramming, user acceptance testing, end-user training and release management for large-scale business systems
• Experience writing functional procedures and functional systems specifications
• Proficiency writing SQL queries, and using report writing tools
• Ability to manage complex tasks with minimal supervision
• Service-oriented, liaison communication skills with functional end-users and systems technical staff.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.