HIC is looking for a dedicated Java Developer to develop cutting-edge e-commerce applications using the state-of-the-art web application development frameworks. The right candidate will be a part of a great technical team in an excellent work atmosphere.
* Design the business components for the application using Agile methodologies.
* Implement key business modules in Java using the Spring application framework.
* Develop the Web layer of the application using the Spring MVC framework.
* Object relational mapping using Hibernate and/or Spring.
* Use the Eclipse IDE for development environment and to integrate the source control tool with Eclipse Plug-in.
* Configure the application server to connect to data stores and to do performance tuning for production level scalability.
* Create Unit Test plans and test the components using Junit.
* Create System integration test plans and document the test results for the integration testing.
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Minimum of two years hands on programming experience in Java.
* Familiarity with Java Web Development Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.) and Apache/Tomcat platform.
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
* Self-motivated and creative.
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
* Have a Hawaii State Drivers License or Hawaii State ID.
* In-depth familiarity with the web-based e-commerce applications.
* Following knowledge a plus: HTML, XML, XML related technologies (XSLT, Xpath, etc), SQL, and database design.
* Strong grasp on web application security issues.
* SQL query optimization, Oracle PL/SQL and MySQL is a big plus.
* Familiar with PHP (nice to have).
* Work with super cool people on awesome projects
* Vacation: 1 week accrual to begin after 1st year of employment for part-time, or 2 weeks accrual to begin after 6 months of full time employment
* 401K effective immediately, with potential 50% match up to 5% of salary
* Bus pass reimbursement
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Full time employees are eligible for family medical coverage at no cost to the employee
If you are interested in a career with a company that can offer fun, rapid growth, lots of opportunity, challenging work and making a difference please respond and include your resume & a cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include five of your favorite web sites and one paragraph explaining why you like these sites. Doing this also shows us how well you follow extremely reasonable directions :)
If you are from a recruiting company. You are probably going to send an email message about paying $15 per hour for senior Java developers waiting to work on our projects from West Meso-Fantastistan. Please don't bother, you won't get a response.
For even more attention include a haiku about how your favorite activity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are awesome, we probably want you.