Kamehameha Schools (KS) has an IT Help Desk Specialist position available at our Kawaiahao Plaza location in Honolulu. The deadline to apply is: 5/22/2016.
Associate's Degree in information technology, computer science, or business administration or closely related field.
Summary of Minimum Requirements:
- 3 or more years of work related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed.
- Strong working knowledge of standard microcomputer hardware (MAC, PC workstations and peripherals), standard microcomputer software such as Windows, MAC OS, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), graphics (Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop), utility software (anti-virus software) and Internet.
- Minimum of three years of trouble-shooting experience in the area of technology; microcomputers (hardware and software), telecommunications, and other related technology.
- Good working knowledge of networking terminology; local and wise area networks; and related data communications hardware and software terminology and concepts (e.g. video conferencing, VoIP phone system). Good working knowledge of standard AV equipment (LCD projectors, smartboards, digital cameras/camcorders).
Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for evaluating regularly recurring technology requirements to determine best fit solutions, reconciling technology-related issues, actively engaging in projects and initiatives, recommending desktop technology standards through collaboration, acquiring technology through purchases/leases, analyzing operational issues and recommending best practice solutions, providing analysis and management reporting, participating in vendor RFPs and management, and supporting internal tracking systems.
- Provides the first line response, analysis, and timely and effective resolution to KS staff's technology related problems and requests. Based on level and area of expertise, provides second and third level support if warranted (e.g. assist customer with designing an Access database, macros in Excel, and Word templates and advanced features).
- Develops and maintains proactive systems, using other tools and applications such as web sites, knowledge base solutions, and remote devices to assist users in the resolution of common and straight-forward problems. This promotes "self help" that does not require the assistance of immediate technicians. Provides documentation (hard copy, electronic) as needed to support users.
- Establishes, updates and maintains the Help Desk system (e.g. provide input to establishing proper categories, screen design and data relationships, and assist with testing of screens, procedures or applications). Works with users (internal and external) to establish, update and maintain Help Desk operation processes and procedures (e.g. SLAs) on an on-going basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must apply online. Visit our website at http://www.ksbe.edu/careers & search Requisition Number 016411 for full job description, & to apply for this position. *Sorry, no resumes accepted via email, mail or fax.
KS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, arrest and court record, credit history, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, among other things, as provided for by State and Federal law.