Kamehameha Schools (KS) has an Instructional Technology Specialist position available at our Hilo Iron Works location in East Hawai'i. The deadline to apply is: 7/11/2016.
Summary of Minimum Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Education, Educational Technology or related field AND 3 years of classroom teaching and knowledge of technology and its integration into instruction OR a 4-year Bachelors Degree in Education, Educational Technology or related field AND 5 years of classroom teaching and knowledge of technology and its integration into instruction.
- Strong foundation in pedagogy and teaching methodologies and strong facilitation and communication skills.
- Ability to design and develop curriculum integration training for faculty and ability to evaluate and recommend technology to effectively meet goals and objectives.
- Immersed in a teaching/learning environment that effectively models integration of technology and facilitates conversations between subject matter experts and teachers to design and produce authentic products and services.
Summary of Duties:
- Supports student learning through facilitating the integration of technology into curriculum and instruction.
- Provides services to Kamehameha Schools' K-12 campuses, Community-Based Early Childhood Education (CBECE) and Extension Education Division (EED).
- Provides support to the faculty, instructional staff and administration on integrating technology in the curriculum; consults on the design, specification and request for appropriate technology tools, conducts appropriate one-on-one, small and large group professional development training; coordinates ETS-initiatives with faculty, administrators and ETS personnel as required.
- Attends grade level/team/department meetings to assist faculty with integration of technology into the curriculum.
- Develops and implements a wide range of professional development solutions for faculty and learning modules for students, as well as administers evaluations to assess effectiveness of content and delivery.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must apply online. Visit our website at http://www.ksbe.edu/careers & search Requisition Number 016542 for full job description, & to apply for this position. *Sorry, no resumes accepted via email, mail or fax.
KS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, arrest and court record, credit history, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, among other things, as provided for by State and Federal law.