Kamehameha Schools has an Instructional Support Specialist position available with the Instructional Services Center at Kapālama Campus, O'ahu.
Master's Degree in Distance Learning, Educational technology, Curriculum & Instruction, Communications/Multi-Media, telecommunications or closely related field.
In lieu of Master's, Bachelor's with more than 5 years experience.
Summary of Minimum Requirements:
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated competence in Windows and Mac operating systems and core MS Office, and Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Demonstrated competence in technical and instructional support for distance education programming, including online learning management systems, presentation software applications, multimedia, Web-based applications and development of cultural and age-appropriate distance learning curriculum.
- Demonstrated knowledge in distance learning theories, instructional design models, instructional strategies, educational technology and curriculum development using online and Web-based applications.
- Ability to design and develop online content, job aids and tutorials integrating various types of media
- Ability to provide instructional support to learners utilizing appropriate distance learning technologies in face-to-face and/or virtual settings.
- Experience conducting training and designing culturally appropriate materials for a variety of age groups with diverse learning and teaching styles.
- Experience in evaluation and assessment methods for distance learning programs.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills to communicate and work effectively with various levels within and outside of KS with a high degree of cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated and/or skill in organizational competencies of accountability, change effectiveness, collaboration and teamwork, communication, Hawaiian cultural commitment and innovation.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take appropriate initiative, manage multiple tasks, establish work priorities, and balance competing priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Dependable and flexible with schedule according to distance learning program and events.
Summary of Duties:
- Supports the Instructional Services Center (ISC) by providing KS-wide support and consultation as an Instructional Support Specialist with the primary function to analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate support products, training and related services.
- Provides KS-wide support and consultation in instructional design through analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating (ADDIE) ISC culture-based projects with a focus on distance learning.
- Leads and/or serves on cross-functional teams in planning, execution, control and reporting of low to moderate risk projects, or portions of larger projects, within the constraints of scope, cost, quality, time and stakeholder expectations.
- Design, develop and deliver technology training and support to KS clients and direct service learners face-to-face or online in one-to-one, small and large group settings while presenting information in a logical, accurate and effective manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must apply online. Visit our website at http://www.ksbe.edu/careers & search Requisition Number 012828 for full job description, & to apply for this position. *Sorry, no resumes accepted via email, mail or fax.