Kamehameha Schools has an Instructional Multimedia Developer position available at the KS Kapālama on O'ahu. Education:
Masters Degree in Education technology, Instructional Technology, Curriculum & Instructional, Communications/Multi-Media, telecommunications or closely related field with 3 -- 5 years directly related experience.
In lieu of a Masters Degree candidate will possess a Bachelors with 5 or more years directly related experience.
In lieu of a Bachelors Degree candidate will possess either (1) High School/Equivalent plus 6 years related work experience or (2) Vocational/Specialized Training in Multimedia Development with 4 years related work experience.Minimum Requirements:
• Demonstrated competence in Windows and Mac operating systems and core MS Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint) and Adobe Creative Suite applications (Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat).
• Extensive experience and skills in multimedia development technologies which includes HTML, CSS, Basic scripting & programming and mobile development.
• Experience with administration of learning management system (i.e. Blackboard, Pearson, Sakai, Moodle).
• Experience in developing and maintaining comprehensive databases.
• Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced, technology environment and adapt quickly and efficiently to change, as well as to implement change.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Demonstrated graphic design skills and ability to develop and produce digital information in support of education.
• Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills to communicate and work effectively with various levels within and outside of KS (e.g. administrators, staff, faculty, community collaborators and online learners) with a high degree of cultural sensitivity.
• Demonstrated and/or skill in organizational competencies of accountability, change effectiveness, collaboration and teamwork, communication, Hawaiian cultural commitment and innovation.
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take appropriate initiative, manage multiple tasks, establish work priorities, and balance competing priorities and deadlines.
• Solid problem-solving skills and results oriented to identify and resolve existing or potential problems.
• Background in educational technology, instructional design models and distance learning.
• Experience designing culturally appropriate materials for a variety of age groups with diverse learning and teaching styles.
• Experience in product assessment, training, curriculum dissemination, storyboarding, animation and video production.
• Familiarity with social media.
• Work flexible hours as necessary; valid driver's license.Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in implementing and maintaining content management systems.
• Excellent curriculum development skills and familiarity with designing materials for diverse learning and teaching styles.
• Familiarity with Hawaiian culture and appropriate applications to Web environments.
• Knowledge of KS' mission and existing programs and services.Duties:
• Supports the Instructional Services Center (ISC) by providing KS-wide support and consultation in multimedia development through analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating (ADDIE) culture-based projects.
• Leads and/or serves on cross-functional teams in planning, execution, control and reporting of low to moderate risk projects, or portions of larger projects, within the constraints of scope, cost, quality, time and stakeholder expectations.
• Design, develop and deliver multimedia technology training to KS clients face-to-face or online in one-to-one, small and large group settings while presenting information in a logical, accurate and effective manner.Visit our Careers website (www.ksbe.edu/careers) to view the full job description and to APPLY ONLINE
.HOW TO APPLY:Interested applicants must apply online. Visit our website at http://www.ksbe.edu/careers & search Requisition Number 011901 for full job description, & to apply for this position. *Sorry, no resumes accepted via email, mail or fax.