Hawaiian Airlines is looking for a Development Lead to help spearhead new customer facing applications for Hawaiianair.com!
ADM – Customer Applications
- Develop deep technical knowledge of assigned systems
- Review deliverables produced by vendor resources
- Develop designs, code, test cases and deployment scripts for bug fixes, enhancements and new developments
- Analyze complex bug reports, identify problems and develop solutions
- Manage 3rd party vendor hosted solutions; review their deliverables to ensure meets business requirements
- Lead the investigation of production outages/problems and the subsequent restoration of service; ensure determination of root cause with plans for remediation
- Engage network, security, and other application owners to assist with trouble-shooting, ensuring adherence to standards, security considerations and integration considerations.
- Based upon the analysis and design results, provide input to the Business Analyst and/or Project Manager for the creation of the Business Requirements Specifications and, when needed, write the Technical Design Specifications.
- Provide input to key technology design decisions by conducting technical review of developer’s design; evaluate and provide recommendations
- Ensure delivered applications meets Hawaiian Airlines’ standards for security, correctness, platform readiness and performance
- Understands and enforces coding standards and best practices
- College degree, relevant certifications and professional training programs
- Strong technical design skills.
- Minimum five years of professional experience developing transactional web based solutions using Microsoft Technologies
- Minimum three years Microsoft .NET experience
- Minimum two years technical design development and review
- Minimum three years with developing and designing web services
- Minimum three years of experience in relational database design and development
- Minimum three years working with IIS application hosted solutions
- Experience with managing teams to work towards development best practices
- Minimum three years of proven vendor management experience
- Two years of experience in a software product development role
- Microsoft Technology Associates Certification
- Exposure to project management principles and methodology
- Experience with Mobile application integration
- Experience working with large-scale hosted solutions
About Hawaiian Airlines
- Hawaiian has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past eight years (2004-2011) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Consumer surveys by Conde Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and Zagat have all ranked Hawaiian the highest of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
- Now in its 84th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai'i's biggest and longest-serving airline, as well as the largest provider of passenger air service from its primary visitor markets on the U.S. mainland.
- Hawaiian offers nonstop service to Hawai'i from more U.S. gateway cities (11) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Australia, American Samoa, and Tahiti. New nonstop service will begin between Honolulu and Auckland, New Zealand on March 13, 2013, and between Honolulu and Taipei, Taiwan in July 2013. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 daily jet flights between the Hawaiian Islands.
Hawaiian Sets New Record with 9.48 Million Passengers in 2012 from 8.67 Million in 2011.
Hawaiian ranks Best in On-Time and Fewest Cancelled Flights in October (12/11/12)
Hawaiian is Nation's #1 On-Time Airline for 8th Straight Year (2/14/12)
If this is something you are interested - please contact me and / or submit an application to www.HawaiianAir.com/jobs
- Requisition number 11-0910.