FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER
The Front End Web Developer is responsible for the coding, development, daily management and execution of University website initiatives and web-based mass communications with an emphasis on moving the University to a sharable content-focused mindset. This position reports to the Senior Director of University Communications & Marketing
Education and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of professional web development experience; Direct experience developing for multiple platforms and contexts; Proficiency with HTML and CSS.
Experience and Skills:
- Deep understanding of the WordPress template hierarchy, plugins, widgets, and shortcodes, or other CMS experience.
- Experience writing and documenting well-abstracted, reusable code for themes or UI components.
- Experience assessing, prioritizing, and solving technical problems related to interactive design;
- Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to work within a project team.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well on teams with colleagues from multiple departments and/or divisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to articulate complex functionality to clients and stakeholders.
Chaminade University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply online at Chaminade University Career Opportunity: https://chaminade.edu/employment-opportunities/.