The Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations functions at a high organizational level, providing leadership and direction in the development and implementation of strategic and innovative initiatives to further the mission of the organization. Promotes teamwork and collaboration, and is highly skilled in facilitating interactions among organizational departments and functions. The Director, IT will provide leadership and oversight over the planning, implementation and support of communications and infrastructure systems, and data center operations.
- Overall responsibility and accountability for the organization, administration, and management of assigned areas and/or functions, and monitors and oversees the implementation of strategic/business plans.
- Develops effective reporting and communication systems within areas of responsibility.
Program/Service Line Planning & Development
- Responsible for planning and management of the following communications, infrastructure, and operations functions: Biomedical Systems, Communications & Collaboration Systems, and Outsourced Operations such as Security Support, Help Desk, Network and Server Systems, Data Center Facilities, etc.
- Oversees the planning and delivery of large IT programs/projects, and assists in the development and implementation of the Information Security Program.
- Functions as the organizations representative and advocate for assigned programmatic areas, and interfaces with external and internal constituencies.
- Directs HR management activities, including recruitment, training and ongoing mentoring and professional development of staff.
- Fosters collaboration and team development and integration of individual/team efforts with activities of other departments/functions.
- Directs the development and ongoing management of capital and operating budgets for assigned areas.
- Develops innovative solutions to grow the organization to assure that fiscal obligations are met or exceeded.
- Directs the development of departmental safety programs, ensuring that activities are carried out in compliance with safety policies, procedures and standards of OSHA.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration, Healthcare or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years’ experience working directly in IT infrastructure and operations in organizations that require 24x7 IT operations.
- Five (5) years’ senior management/leadership experience in IT, preferably in the medical field.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing large projects involving significant organizational change.
- Expertise in legal/regulatory/financial issues involved in areas of assignment, and knowledge of regulatory agencies, laws and regulations that govern the healthcare industry.
- Solid understanding of business principles (strategic and financial planning, budgeting, business planning, organizational theory).
- Proven leadership skills (planning, communications, motivation, mentoring, and interpersonal skills).