We are looking for an IT Director, preferably with extensive experience in an IT Director role at an educational institution OR a large, well established organization. This position is direct hire with benefits. If you meet the following requirements, please email your updated resume in the word doc format and your contact info to email@example.com
Responsible for the development and implementation of organization-wide Information Technology (‘IT’) and data strategies, plans, delivery and ongoing support. Establishes, directs and controls of technical activities such as technology planning, analysis, design, development and related auxiliary operations to ensure the appropriate use of information technology.
Responsible for the prioritization, selection, planning, execution, control and reporting of technology and data initiatives in coordination with the operating units.
Works with all divisions to govern technology and project related activity.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Sciences, Management Information Sciences, Business Management or closely related field.
Ten+ years of combined and progressively responsible technical and managerial experience.
Five+ years experience in consulting or private/public industry (or a combination of the two) related to the implementation of moderate to high risk projects using structured, deliverables based project management methodologies.
Five+ years experience leading moderate to large (> 1,000 project hour), multi-disciplinary projects.
· Exemplary leadership and managerial skills which include consistency, fairness, positive attitude, enthusiasm and encouragement; ability to communicate with all levels of staff. Excellent organizational skills with desire and ability to work in a team environment and to supervise a diverse staff and encourage staff development and career progression.
· Ability to vision, develop, and coordinate, implement and synergize multiple inter-related organizational, technical and delivery strategies.
· Ability to both analyze and conceptualize, and to work at a detailed level, with complex technology and process issues.
· Ability to effectively develop and communicate technology strategy, implementation and support across broad and diverse groups ranging in levels of sophistication, knowledge, experience and understanding.
· Strong ability to lead and/or work in groups and teams to accomplish defined common goals and objectives.
· In-depth understanding of IT planning, operations and security programs.
· In-depth understanding of IT Governance and the use of formalized cross-functional teams to align IT plans with organization-wide plans.
· In-depth knowledge of technology systems operations methodologies, implementation methodologies, and integration methodologies, for medium to large mainframe and client server systems. Ability to plan and execute custom application development and packaged systems implementations. Understands the system development lifecycle, prototyping, rapid application development and related systems implementation strategies.
· Working knowledge of networks, middleware, database management, project management (e.g., Microsoft Project, Visio) and query and reporting languages and/or products.
Sound business judgment to ensure fiscally responsible policies, procedures and decisions.
In-depth understanding of portfolio, program and project management methodologies, enterprise process maps and process based IT strategies , IT business analysis and data governance and strategies.