We are currently seeking an experienced, client-oriented Data Warehouse Application Consultant to join the Business Solution Technologies (BST) team.
The Data Warehouse Application (DWA) Consultant will work with clients to identify data analytics and business intelligence needs and develop viable solutions, driving activities involved in the analysis, design, development, troubleshooting, debugging and maintenance of enterprise data warehouse applications.
Activities will include:
- Database and ETL design and development.
- Working with clients, business analysts and end-users to produce applications that support accurate and timely reporting, extracts, and online analytical processing (OLAP).
- Establishing and enforcing application standards, guidelines, procedures and quality assurance for application deliverables such as conceptual design, logical data model capacity planning, external data interface specs, data loading, data maintenance plan and security.
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring to other members of the team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years of experience working with data warehouse application development, including sound SQL skills and database fundamentals and the ability to apply knowledge of logical and physical database design considerations. Must have good habits in producing modular, reusable, understandable, documented and maintainable code.
- 3+ years of experience in ETL design and relational database management system (RDBMS) development, using tools such as Microsoft SSIS, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), etc., with a good understanding of considerations to achieve efficient data warehouse loading and querying performance.
- 3+ years hands on experience with requirements gathering and data modeling with tools such as ERwin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner
- Experience working with Business Intelligence (BI) and OLAP tools such as Business Objects BI suite, Microsoft (SSAS, SSRS, etc.), Oracle OBIEE, Cognos, SAS, Jaspersoft, Pentaho, Hyperion, etc.
- Client and results-focused orientation, with a proven track record of achieving results with speed, agility, accuracy, and quality.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand the client's organizational, political, and financial climate, to identify business requirements in the development of effective system, technology, and process solutions within established budgets.
- Proven track record in managing professional relationships and communications, from c-level to front-line employees, including working in or leading effective teams.
- Initiative to build skills and capabilities to enhance performance, with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
Data warehouse / business intelligence experience in healthcare, education, or human resources/payroll highly desirable.
About Business Solution Technologies (BST)
Founded in 1996, Business Solution Technologies (BST) emerged as the leading Human Resources Management System consultant in Hawaii as businesses raced to implement ERP solutions in the 1990’s, many for the first time. Today, BST is a leading provider of IT, Human Resources, Education and Healthcare solutions in Hawaii.
We retain the best talent by providing a progressive work environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. The majority of our work is performed on-site, and our employees live, work and play in Hawaii. BST offers a competitive benefits package with top-tier providers, including health insurance, flexible spending plan, a 401k retirement plan that includes an employer match, life & AD&D, temporary disability, long-term disability, long-term care, paid personal time off and holidays and other benefits.
For more information or to apply for a position, please visit our website at www.bstusa.com
Direct url to job posting: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH13/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BSTUSA...