Kamehameha Schools has a Database Administrator position available at Kawaiaha‘o Plaza, O‘ahu. Deadline to apply: 1/31/2012.
Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or closely related field.
- 3 - 5 years related work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of database design concepts, pertinent programming language and operating systems knowledge, systems programming, and networking.
- Working experience in the development and maintenance of databases and database management systems.
- Experience in utilizing database software, mainframe knowledge, client server and web development methodologies.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with senior management staff members and external audiences.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to both internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate analysis to determine the best value-added databases to match user requirements and work processes.
- Microsoft Certifications for Database Administrators or other database management certifications.
- Knowledge of information technology systems and concepts which support both business and education.
- Prior programmer/analyst experience developing and supporting web applications.
- Experience with data management methodologies.
- Experience with database programming languages and the systems development life cycle.
- Provides operational support of database environments system and maintains the system at optimum overall efficiency.
- Ensures maximum performance and database uptime within organizational constraints by making tuning recommendations based on performance analysis, creating and testing backups for production databases, and monitoring of the database systems.
- Performs regular analysis to determine and make recommendations relating to performance, security, and efficiency of database systems.
- Ensures security on production databases following documented procedures.
- Defines and implements access controls to the databases and assists in user provisioning using proper controls.
- Ensures the database environment is patched with the latest fixes and against security exposure.
- Performs installation of new databases and related DB management software.
- Configures software to monitor database for performance, security, and integrity.
- Ensures proper change management process for any changes or updates to the database environments.
- Maintains the overall design of databases including standard data definitions, data dictionary, database security, privacy and recovery systems and any necessary support software.
- Provides assistance to other team players as needed on the design of database systems and on system and program design.
- Acts as a liaison for all database inquires to the supplier of the system.
- Keeps aware of database developments and trends and investigates their suitability to meet the present and future requirements of the organization.
- Evaluates alternative database management systems, performance measurement tools and tuning aids and recommend the most suitable solution for the organization's requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must apply online. Visit our website at http://www.ksbe.edu/careers & search Requisition Number 012191 for full job description, & to apply for this position. *Sorry, no resumes accepted via email, mail or fax.