Hawaii Information Consortium (HIC) is a well-established local IT company that provides Internet-based, e-government services and solutions to Hawaii state & local government partners. We have a fantastic team of talented, conscientious people who take great pride in our work. We are searching for a talented individual who lives on Oahu now to join our team in downtown Honolulu to help create rich UIs & UXs for websites and web applications.
We are looking for an Intern (3 months to possible permanent) to work on WordPress sites and become a part of a great technical team in an excellent work atmosphere.
* Work with a team of CMS specialists and designers as directed.
Applicants who also meet any of the following are highly encouraged to apply.
* Knowledge of UI best practices for mobile websites or mobile web apps
* Experience in designing Adaptive/Responsive Mobile First websites
* Experience with an IDE for web development
* Experience creating mobile web apps and web frameworks
* Experience working with databases (e.g., MySQL) and various data formats (JSON, XML, etc.)
* Experience developing for other web CMS
* Self-motivated and creative
* Team-oriented mindset with flexibility for change
* Organized and able to multi-task between several projects
* Quick learner with a desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
* HIC is a 2012 Best Places to Work in Hawaii (small business category) awarded by Hawaii Business Magazine
* Competitive compensation program
* No-cost group medical/dental insurance
* Paid vacations/ State holidays
* Employee stock purchase plan
* Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
* Disability insurance
* Life insurance
* Company wellness program
* Casual and fun office environment
If you are interested in a career with a company that can offer fun, rapid growth, lots of opportunity, challenging work and making a difference please respond and include your resume & a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include five of your favorite web sites and one paragraph explaining why you like these sites. Doing this also shows us how well you follow extremely reasonable directions :)
This position is a three-month to permanent position and presence at the office in Honolulu is required.