Hawaii Pacific University is looking for a Business Analyst. For more information and to apply, go to http://www.hpu.edu/employment
Job Summary: Provide assistance to the University as a liaison from Information Technology Services in the support of University information systems by maintaining and contributing a thorough knowledge of University systems and inter-system integrations from a functional, business process, and procedures perspective. Create and maintain business process diagrams and procedures documentation of our customer business units and cross-functional business processes. Assist in developing ad hoc business intelligence reporting. Create written functional specifications and user acceptance test plans for application development projects. Coordinate testing of system modifications, and implementation of new business and system procedures. Perform end-user training of new functionality for system upgrades.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Accounting or related field or (in lieu of degree) five years related experience;
• Experience in business process analysis and diagramming, ad hoc reporting, user acceptance testing, end-user training;
• Proficiency with MS Office applications;
• Relational database working knowledge.
• Master's of Business Administration or Master's Information Systems;
• Education or related experience in the areas of business process analysis, user acceptance testing, ad hoc reporting, end-user training, information security best-practices;
• 3-5years experience in Sungard Banner ERP system;
• 3-5years experience in higher education administration;
• Experience in business process analysis, process diagramming, continuous process improvement, understanding modifying, and documenting cross-functional business procedures, work-flow diagramming, user acceptance testing, and end-user training for large-scale business systems;
• Familiarity with IIBA BABOK, Six Sigma, PMI standards;
• Experience writing functional procedures and functional systems development specifications;
• Experience writing basic SQL queries
• Experience developing ad hoc reports using business intelligence tools, such as IBM Cognos 10;
• Ability to manage complex tasks with minimal supervision;
• Service-oriented, liaison, communication skills with functional end-users and systems technical staff.
For more information and to apply, go to http://www.hpu.edu/employment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.