Kamehameha Schools has an Applications Engineer position available at Kawaiaha'o Plaza on O'ahu.
Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 10 years of experience in applications development
Summary of Minimum Requirements:
- At least 5 years in IT field, to include 4 years of applications design, development, implementation, and integration. OR High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 10 years of experience in applications development;
- Ability to analyze and code efficient applications using a variety of programming languages (C#, .Net, SQL, HTML, XML, etc.) and practical knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle;
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and troubleshoot software systems and to offer design improvements while preserving enterprise architecture, protecting KS information and facilitating IT strategies and goals;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with technical personnel and non-technical users, managers, vendors, and consultants;
- Excellent team player and the ability to work with on-site, near-site and off-shore teams;
- Ability and willingness to self-improve via active reading and learning;
- Occasional off hour and weekend operational and project support.
Summary of Duties:
- Primary responsibilities include design, development, testing, implementation, and support of enterprise applications based on user requirements and technical design specifications;
- Perform programming tasks while observing enterprise coding, data, and security standards;
- Perform change management tasks as related to Software Development Life Cycle;
- Perform software installation and configuration (including application software, operating systems, database engines, middleware, etc.);
- Perform patch and release management for vendor-based applications in cooperation with other IT domains;
- Research, diagnose, and resolve application support issues;
- Write and maintain design specifications, user and technical documentation
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must apply online. Visit our website at http://www.ksbe.edu/careers & search Requisition Number 012337 for full job description, & to apply for this position. *Sorry, no resumes accepted via email, mail or fax.