TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

You can check out my mad ramblings on Act 221 along with several other, more important and articulate people. In my defense, I was jet lagged and running on two hours sleep. I didn't know Jay Fidel and his gang would be waiting with cameras :-)

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Dan,

Great video....and I couldn't even tell that you were jet lagged. :-)

As I was watching the video, it made me realize that the only way to get non-technical people to care about Act 221 is by focusing on the talent that is leaving Hawaii for the mainland.

Executives call them talent, normal folk call them friends and family. Most people don't give a damn about venture capital because they don't understand where it fits into the big picture. Everybody can relate to seeing a dear friend off, and wondering if you'll ever see them again.
Great video....and I couldn't even tell that you were jet lagged. :-)

Thank you, but I think the strange pocket action is a dead giveaway :-) I was absolutely tweaked on caffeine in a failed attempt to compensate for my lack of sleep. Note to self: Don't do that!

re: the way normal folk view venture capital

That is an excellent point. I will make sure to emphasize this aspect in future talks. Thank you for your feedback!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service