BEI Consulting is dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results.
We help our clients to realize efficient solutions, optimize their organization's performance, enhance quality, and achieve success for their customers. At BEI Consulting, we offer cost effective Management and Information Technology expertise that’s focused on successful outcomes and client satisfaction.
Our consultants are experienced accounting and IT professionals from industry and Big-4 accounting firms. As such, BEI Consulting delivers the superior results expected from a large firm and understands the unique challenges facing Hawaii-based organizations. This is a critical success factor of our record for client satisfaction.
Senior Consultant - Java/J2EE Programmer (part-time)
The Senior Consultant works closely with functional and technical users to develop user applications in Java and J2EE technology solutions. The consultant must be proficient in the planning, developing, and executing a technology solution that meets our client’s needs.
• Analyzes data gathered and recommends potential client improvements/ alternatives.
• Develops detailed specifications for system customization.
• Develops system test cases.
• Identifies data conversion needs and develops plan for conversion.
• Develops user documentation.
• Determines solutions for technical issues.
• Develops migration and implementation plans (including subcontractors).
• Identifies implementation and support issues.
• Manages day-to-day client relations at lower and middle levels.
• Identifies, communicates and participates in the mitigation of risks.
• Provide required system, operations, and user level documentation and diagrams.
• Application designer skills and experience in J2EE applications.
• Rich experience in back-end, middleware and front-end Java applications design and development.
• Strong knowledge of data modeling, UML and design patterns.
• Strong skills and knowledge in design, development, implementation and performance optimization of modern software systems including use of major databases and development of distributed application software
• Experience with deploying and managing sound recording devices and its interfaces.
• Use of FTP software and its protocols.
• Minimum 2+ years experience of Java J2EE in a production environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to facilitate knowledge transfer to client staff.
• Ability to manage a variety of responsibilities at the same time.
• Must pass a criminal history background check.
• Must have high level of computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing, presentation, and database software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Access).
• Graduation from an accredited college in information technology, or related fields
Deadline to apply: September 17, 2008.
Submit resume to: jhiguchi at beihawaii dot com