1. Learning different computer languages.
2. Learning from different professors.
3. Meeting others with common interests.
What are three good things about being a UH ICS student?
1. Little to no cost for textbooks and/or software.
2. To be honest, I actually never made any friends in college until I became an ICS student.
3. I love how most assignments can be completed online because sometimes I travel for work and I can continue working remotely.
1) Choosing from a wide variety of classes for your field of interest.
2) Meeting other ics students with similar interests and goals. Also working with them to accomplish your goals.
3) The different degree paths you can focus on. It's also really flexible if you want to double major.
1. The professors that I have so far taken are amazing and I hope to take more ICS courses in the future.
2. The courses being offered are mostly offered year-round allowing for more flexibility with course selection.
3. The material taught in courses is useful and relevant to the industry.
1. There's a bunch of internship or networking opportunities.
2. IC Space
3. Good amount of resources ranging from clubs to other students and faculty.
Though I do not know much about the ICS program since am a junior in computer engineering, here are some things I found great about the department:
1. The ICS space in POST third floor is a great area for collaboration and fellowship, being open for students to work together.
2. The professors and teaching assistants are all so friendly and helpful in helping students with their ICS classes.
3. The opportunity to obtain free licenses through the college, such as the MS Imagine accounts that were issued in this class, is also great for students.
1. Many effective online resources that are free to the student, over expensive paper textbooks.
2. Qualified professors that teach care about how much students learn.
3. Good curriculum that ensures the student understands the process and not just the answer.
1. Learning how to code in many useful programming languages.
2. Professors care about your course work quality but also they care about your future.
3. Many resources are available to you are free on campus.
1. You get to learn cs in Hawaii.
2. You learn new technologies and will be able to showcase it with projects
3. Being able to meet new people
Three good things that the UH ICS program provides for students is:
1. A positive and outgoing group of professors ready and willing to teach their students. Positive and outgoing professors that willingly teach should not be taken for granted, if you've ever had a professor without one of these qualities the class becomes less of a learning environment and more of a stressful one.
2. A healthy and growing community cultivated by the program, professors, and students alike. I've only met a few students outside of class who were also in the UH ICS program, being as it's my first semester since transferring, but their reactions are always kind and welcoming which I can truly appreciate.
3. The large amount of free resources available to us, the students. Whats more important to me is the resources we can use outside of class, the tutors, teacher assistants, and even events. All of which makes it easier to get help and make new connections with others in this field of study.