1. Have many opportunities to get a job
2. Experience and prepare for professional subjects in advance
3. Improve skills on group projects by collaborating with other students
1. The ICS space in POST.
2. The chance to build a professional portfolio in ICS 314.
3. The abundance of online classes offered by the UH system.
a) Free access to the decent lab computers.
b) Collaborative learning environments.
c) Instructors with actual experience from related fields.
Three good things that the UH ICS program provides for students are:
1. There's a lot of help available if you need it with office hours, TAs, and ICS space.
2. In most classes we are encouraged to network and work together with others to build our skills
3. All of the professors are well grounded in the subjects that they teach
Three good things about being a UH ICS student:
1. I get to take classes and learn about things I'm interested in.
2. There are quite a few opportunities for jobs at the University where we can use the skills we learn.
3. We are in a field with good job prospects.
The absolute best thing about being an ICS student, is creating a program that not only works, but has no errors. Knowing that you gave birth to these sets of letters, symbols, and numbers that actually provide a useful function is euphoric. Another benefit to being in the UH ICS program are the opportunities to start your new career. Not only is the education provided, but the job postings, career prep and networking exposure is an added benefit. Finally, the ability to satisfy certain course requirements from a variety of campuses throughout the islands is a great advantage for someone that appreciates options.
Three positive aspects of the UH ICS program:
1. So far, all software has either been open-source or a free license has been provided.
2. Courses are career-oriented.
3. Approachable and accessible professors.
1. Learning from experienced staff members
2. Joining ACM and the special interest groups
3. Planning forward for the professional field with variety of classes, activities and tools, such as RadGrad
1. The coding club seems really good.
2. The first two homework assignments was to make a profile online so that recruiters can see what you've accomplished so far.
3. There are a lot of assignments, but they're very helpful in learning the topic.