Three good things about being ICS students:
1) If I encounter something difficulties, I can always find a solution online.
2) Improve my understand skill. Online resources cannot be copied and pasted directly and used on my own code. I need to understand the principle.
3) I feel like ICS student do not need to write too many essay. Most of time spend on coding and solve the loop.
1. Learning Variety of coding language
2. Meeting new people that have the same interest as you in ICS.
3. Being able to make games in ICS111 in Jason's class.
1) Definitely the resources available to us such as all the emails Gerald sends us and somewhat free software.
2) The amount of great minds you can talk to, collaborate, and form networks with and the amount of passion of each of them.
3) Building off 2 and the fact that everyone wants to help eachother and that professors are super passionate about their teachings.
1. It prepare us for programming interview in the professional field.
2. ICS Students have more resources compare to a average person such as professors, internship, free licensed software, etc.
3. Most of the materials can be learn through internet or online class. This allow student to have free more time in hand to practice programming even further.
1. Various courses that allow students to explore different programming languages and software.
2. Study areas in POST where you can work on assignments with classmates.
3. Every class has one or more TAs who are frequently available when you get stuck on a project.
1. MS Imagine
3. classes for CEng students
1. It is rewarding. There is that sense of accomplishment when your program finally works after hours of troubleshooting.
2. The professors and TAs are very all very passionate, approachable, and always willing to help you understand the material.
3. We learn about a wide variety of topics ranging from the various programming languages to learning how to use different types of software and IDEs.
1. Meeting, maybe even working, with potential coworkers, bosses, etc.
2. Learn from students that might be more experienced than you.
3. Learn how to get into the industry (learn how to get hired or raise your chances).
1. Gerald Lau
2. Good campus for networking
3. Very good relevant student employment opportunities
What are three good things about being an ICS student:
1. Jobs are available on campus that pertain directly to our interests
2. Most textbooks are free online and no program costs leave class costs relatively low
3. Most classes are pretty central around POST
1) Faculty and staff with a lot of kindness, compassion, and knowledge. Pretty much every course I've had has had knowledgeable professors and TAs that help with all sorts of problems. And as long as you put in the time and effort, they are very understanding and go the extra mile to try and work with you.
2) The ICS/EE departments have lots of great resources that make accomplishing tasks more streamlined/convenient, such as computers to work on and free-to-use programs that are normally expensive.
3) Some classes help you build your portfolio and marketable skills, prepping you for marketing yourself, helping you to get internships, and educating you on starting your career. It helps a lot that I don't have to suddenly work on that alone after i graduate.
1. All ICS students are very helpful and always lend a hand to others who are struggling
2. Coding teaches you to think more critically and improve problem solving skills
3. There are a lot of different careers you can pursue as an ICS major