1) It is good that the courses provide lab classes, so that we can get help if we need to.
2) By learning different program languages, we get a broader understanding of computer science.
3) We are building different plattforms to get in contact with potential future employees.
1. Availability of professors when in need of help
2. Amazing resources available for free
3. Lab computers available when yours is down
1. We have passionate and knowledgeable instructors teaching ICS classes.
2. No need for expensive textbooks. All material needed for the class is a somewhat modern laptop and access to the internet.
3. Studying ICS material sets us up for a job or career in the fast-growing, dynamic field that is software engineering.
1. Learning from professionals in the industry
2. Learning skills applicable to the technology industry
3. Working with smart and driven individuals
1. Variety of clubs that are pertinent to student interests
2. An amazing Advisor
3. Free programs
1. An advisor that really cares about you and helps you figure out which path in computer science you would like to take.
2. Free softwares for students.
3. Professors who have lots of experiences in various areas of computer science and are actually passionate about the discipline.
1.The sense of community
2. Access to UH facilities, IE Hamilton Library, IC space
3. A thorough curriculum
1) Classes help students be job-ready by teaching programming using industry standards and allows students to create a professional persona.
2) The curriculum is structured in a way that makes progressing easier by focusing on the fundamentals before more advanced concepts.
3)Passionate instructors who care about student's success.
As I am an exchange student for a semester here from the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (UMN), these three good things may or may not be related to UHM ICS.
1. You may use online resources that are free only to computer science students, such as Lynda, Virtual Online Linux Environment, Windows 10, and other free software.
2. There are many fields that are related and/or require the use of computer science, where you can change the world for a better future.
3. Whatever an idea that you could come up with, you can implement and make your idea become a reality. With this fast-paced moving field, it's easy to create a personal project, and you can share it to the world with Github, LinkedIn, and your portfolio to the potential future employers.
2) Coming from LCC, they offered most of the required ICS classes online which makes it convenient to take the classes even while working.
3) There's always information being sent out from the department about learning opportunities through internships, new courses, and code challenges.