Time: March 24, 2009 from 9:30am to 4pm
Location: StarrTech Interactive
Street: 1003 Bishop Street, 8th Floor
City/Town: Honolulu, HI
Website or Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f…
Event Type: panel
Organized By: ThinkTech, Pacific New Media, StarrTech Interactive, TechHui, Hawaii Venture Capital Association, Ooi
Latest Activity: Jan 4, 2010
Update: Sold out. You can join us via our live webcast and on Twitter.
Exploring New Interactive Frontiers
With: Jay Fidell
Panel 1 - A NEW TIME FOR TRANSPARENCY
The effect and promise of new technologies on the way Hawaii works.
- Bill Spencer (moderator) - Hawaii Venture Capital Association
- Mary Fastenau - StarrTech, Interactive
- Wendi Takemoto - Punahou School
- Jared Kuroiwa - KGMB9
Panel 2 - MESSAGE MARKETING
The advent of new tools for non-profits, cause marketing and political office.
- Kevin Vaccarello (moderator) - Sustain Hawaii
- David Fry - Tanuki Interactive
- Brian Schatz - Hawaii Democratic Party/Barack Obama Campaign
- AJ Halagao - InspirePolitics.com
LUNCH AND KEYNOTE
Michael Jones, Google's Chief Technology Advocate
Michael will be talking about the role of location based services such as Google Maps, Earth, and Local Search in the rapidly evolving web.
Michael Jones is Google's Chief Technology Advocate, charged with advancing the technology to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Michael travels the globe to meet and speak with governments, businesses, partners and customers in order to advance Google's mission and technology. He is also the Chief Technologist of Google Maps, Earth, and Local Search——the teams responsible for providing location intelligence and information in global context to users worldwide. More...
Panel 3 - E-COMMERCE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES
How you can reach national and global e-commerce markets from Hawaii
- Lubuw Falanruw (moderator) - Digital Mediums
- Neal Kido - AkamaiSEO.com
- Jerome Coudrier - Kamakani Enterprises
- Tom Blankley - ATCO Software
Panel 4 - SOCIAL NETWORKING COMES OF AGE
How and why social networking sites are emerging as the way to our future.
- Dan Leuck (moderator) - TechHui / Ikayzo / Ooi
- Dan Zelikman - StarrTech Hawaii
- Kevin Hughes - Sprout
- Ryan Ozawa - Bytemarks Cafe on KIPO / Manoa Geeks / HawaiiThreads.com
- ThinkTech Hawaii
- Pacific New Media
- StarrTech Interactive
- Hawaii Venture Capital Association
Please use the tag SOWNINE for tweets and blogs.
Jay Fidell is a founder and principal of Bendet, Fidell, Sakai & Lee. He has served on various community and professional boards, including the Building Owners and Managers Association, the Plaza Club, the Hawaii Opera Theatre, the High Tech Development Corporation, the Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii, the Hawaii Strategic Development Corporation, and the Hawaii Science & Technology Council. Fidell has an abiding interest in tech and entrepreneurship and has been the host of ThinkTech Hawaii on Hawaii Public Radio since 2001.