Social media has exploded onto the scene and the administraton at Kauai Community College's Office of Continuing Education & Training (OCET) felt it was vital to provide the local business community with a course about the basics.
The course will be offered in two 3-hour sessions on April 4 and 6, 2011 between 12:00 and 3:00pm at the Priinceville Community Center, 4334 Emmalani Drive, Princeville, Kauai, HI.
The cost is $80/perso...n. To register, contact OCET at (808) 245-8318. For OCET’s current course offerings visit http://www.kauai.hawaii.edu/ and click on “Training.”
The sessions are targeted at those who are wondering about how to leverage the benefits of social media for their business. While many have heard of Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, they’re not quite sure how to get started. This course discusses the various facets of social media and how to take advantage of these marketing tools to boost your business.
Attendees will have the opportunity to explore:
• What is social media? It’s more than Facebook and LinkedIn.
• The top 4 benefits of social media marketing.
• The difference between a Facebook profile and a Fan Page and how to start yours.
• Creating a Twitter account and deciding what to “Tweet.”
• 6 tips for maximizing the power of your LinkedIn profile.
• 5 benefits of blogging and 8 ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Prerequisite: Students should have computer experience and are encouraged to bring their laptops with them.
Presenters: Certified Inbound Marketing Professional Chuck Lasker of Kauai Inbound Marketing along with copywriter & Web marketing professional Debra Jason of The Write Direction.
To register, contact OCET at (808) 245-8318. For OCET’s current course offerings visit http://www.kauai.hawaii.edu/ and click on "Training."