ArcGIS 9.3 in Education
A Two-Day Workshop for Teachers and Students Grades 6 -12
Monday & Tuesday October 5th& 6th
Oahu • 9:00 – 4:00 Location
McKinley High School Room A216
- Learn to use the Latest Version of GIS Software!
- Learn from Instructors that specialize in GIS in Education –Roger and Anita Palmer of GIS etc, co-authors of the Our World Series GIS Curriculum!
- Receive the Our World Series Level 2 Curriculum: Mapping Our World!
- Teachers receive a stipend of $150 ($200 if teamed with a student)
- Engage in geographic inquiry on topics such as Climate, Geology, Economics and much more! A special "Kick-Off" event following the recent GIS license for K12 Hawaii!
This course is designed for those with some prior experience with GIS (software applications runs on PC only).
GeoTech for Hawaii Schools is a statewide initiative to integrate the use of GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing into K12 Education.
This event is sponsored by:
The Maui Economic Development Board's Women in Technology Project
and is funded, in part, by the U.S. Department of Educaiton.