Time: April 2, 2014 from 9am to 4pm
Location: UHM Sakamaki Hall C104
Street: 2530 Dole Street
Website or Map: http://www.outreach.hawaii.ed…
Event Type: intensive, workshop
Organized By: Susan Horowitz
Latest Activity: Mar 19, 2014
Whether it's PDF, eBooks, or iPad applications, InDesign has become the easiest way for designers to create interactive documents for desktop and tablet operating systems. While each format outputs differently, there are basic interactive elements that are similar for all three formats. This session covers a wide range of interactive techniques.
Discover how to:
• Make interactive buttons that change appearance when rolled over or clicked for all three types of formats
• Create "Show/Hide" effects for PDF and tablet apps.
• Create slideshows for tablet apps
• Create animation effects for tablet apps
• Create hyperlinks for all three types of formats
• Set up vertical and horizontal orientations for tablet apps
• Preview formats before publishing
Prerequisite: Experience using the InDesign tools.
This class is based on the book "Digital Publishing with InDesign" by Sandee Cohen and Diane Burns.
Sandee Cohen has been teaching print and web graphics for over 20 years at design schools such as New School University as well as many conferences around the world. She has also consulted for many publishing houses and design firms. She is the author of all versions of the InDesign Visual Quickstart Guide as well as books on Acrobat, Illustrator, and desktop publishing.