TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

What are three good things that the UH ICS program is providing for its students?

If you can only think of one thing, that's OK too.

Views: 6543

Replies to This Discussion

1. The professors are very on point about teaching the material, and I enjoy their teaching style.

2. Seems to cover coding languages that are being used today.

3. Some ICS class semester calendars seem to always be prepared and accessible to all students so they can prepare effectively ahead of time.

Three positive things I have noticed about the UH ICS program in my short time here:

First, there seems to be a lot of effort to replicate real world environments which is really valuable for learning. The second is that accommodations are made for students to learn in the environment they are most comfortable or interested in (Linus/Mac/Windows for instance). Lastly, there is a good variety of higher level coursework to allow specialization by the student in areas they find most interesting.

ACM clubs and competitions.

TAs for almost every class.

Gerald.

I think three good things about being an UH ICS student is that

1 - You get free Microsoft software.

2 - You meet many diverse people in Hawaii and in the program.

3 - You learn to see technology in ways for the community and Hawaii.

As a computer engineering major in the Manoa College of Engineering, I don't know much about the ICS department, but here are my two cents (or three, if you think of each good thing as a cent).

1.  I think that it is beneficial for some students to have a physical community, as opposed to a purely online community, to interact with in addition to communicating with others online.

2.  I think that having access to free software is great.  I know the UH budget is tight, but they should definitely keep the more important software packages free for students.

3.  Again, I don't know too much about the ICS department specifically, but some of my previous instructors did give me insights that I would never discover in years, if ever, of Google searching or reading on my own.  Although, this may be due to the fact that my Google search skills were not quite as good back then.

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2019   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service