1. Learning from professionals and experts with plenty of industry and teaching experience.
2. Being around other people there share similar goals and are willing to help.
3. Studying in one of the world's most beautiful places.
1) Clubs that help ICS students be able to learn how to prepare for the real world
2) Professors and TAs that are always open to questions and are always willing to help students understand
3) Various activities that help students learn more about networking with each other and the outside world
1. Workshops/classes that teach us how to be professional when applying to jobs.
2. Clubs that teach us other material that can be used in the real world.
3. Help is always ready on standby whenever you need it.
Three good things about being a UH ICS student
1. The ICS course material being taught are essential to learn. Ranging from concepts, algorithms, programming, and web development are career-oriented experiences.
2. The ICS community and environment is very friendly and resourceful. Professors and TAs are willing to provide help when needed. Clubs are open to all that are resourceful such as learning, connections, and preparation. Lastly, Gerald Lau is a great advisor who provides plentiful information and resources.
3. ICS courses help students to build a professional persona that will be seen in real world application. Having an early start will enforce students to be a bit more prepared for a professional career.
1. Have many opportunities to get a job
2. Experience and prepare for professional subjects in advance
3. Improve skills on group projects by collaborating with other students
1. The ICS space in POST.
2. The chance to build a professional portfolio in ICS 314.
3. The abundance of online classes offered by the UH system.
a) Free access to the decent lab computers.
b) Collaborative learning environments.
c) Instructors with actual experience from related fields.
Three good things that the UH ICS program provides for students are:
1. There's a lot of help available if you need it with office hours, TAs, and ICS space.
2. In most classes we are encouraged to network and work together with others to build our skills
3. All of the professors are well grounded in the subjects that they teach
Three good things about being a UH ICS student:
1. I get to take classes and learn about things I'm interested in.
2. There are quite a few opportunities for jobs at the University where we can use the skills we learn.
3. We are in a field with good job prospects.