Hawaii Community Foundation is seeking a Sr. level Electronic Media Officer in our Communications Department. The position reports to the Director of Communications. Interested candidates need to submit a resume to the Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Senior Electronic Media Officer works with the Director of Communications to manage the Hawaii Community Foundation brand and implement integrated strategic electronic communications and marketing plans to help the Foundation achieve its goals. Responsibilities include auditing the current content architecture, and platforms of existing HCF parent site along with other managed sites, and proposing technology solutions to repair, update and improve these sites. This Officer will also be responsible for all HCF social media content and the development of social media marketing campaigns.
This Officer is key to developing the HCF statewide electronic communications strategies and tools that will seamlessly integrate into cross-media programs for effective print communications, news media outreach, donor stewardship communications, grant initiative roll-outs, special events promotion, and web video postings. These electronic media strategies need to position HCF as a leader in the use of technology for information dissemination and knowledge capture/sharing to benefit the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors.
This position serves on the Communications Team consisting of the Director, Sr. Communications Officer and is accountable to manage numerous professional consultants for graphic design, copywriting, web development, media relations, photography and video production.
In addition, this Officer needs to keep informed on rapidly evolving new media. The Officer serves as an advocate to promote the integration of these technologies into daily work activities and an evaluator to review when new media is appropriate and meets the Foundation’s mission.
- Audits current web sites managed by the Foundation. Conducts interviews with site contributors and program officers to identify changes and improvements to the content architecture and its functionality. Prepares a report on recommended changes and an estimate of resources required for revisions. Contracts and supervises web developers to make necessary changes.
- Reviews the overall brand of the HCF website and redesign site for consistency in design and function.
- Develops a staff Web Users Group for ongoing feedback and trains appropriate staff to make web page updates as needed.
- Respond to inquiries generated from HCF info email address and redirect to appropriate departments for action.
- Maintains URL listing and registrations for all web sites managed by HCF.
- Works with Program Officers to design and test new web pages when launching new grant or donor programs or initiatives.
- Develops a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) program for HCF website
- Website analytics – produces a monthly statistical review of web traffic and any increases due to HCF outreach and media campaigns.
- Incorporate more interactive user functions and video applications into site.
- Develop a dominant presence for HCF using social media tools by providing daily updates and designing social media campaigns to elevate interest in Foundation grants programs, studies, news releases, events, initiative and philanthropic services.
- Keep on top of possible social media partners that may be appropriate to use for outreach and engagement efforts.
- You Tube and other video posting sites – maintain HCF sites with frequent postings.
- Research the use of QR Codes (quick response) and how it can benefit the Foundation.
Web writing and Integration with other Communication Projects
- Works cooperatively with Sr. Communications Officer and Director to review web copy for proper branding, voice and tone of electronic media. Print and electronic copy must be consistent for all users and readers.
- Works with Sr. Communications Officer to post media press releases and stories on website and maintains a media information page for quick HCF information. Maintains a media archive on the site.
- Supports the Director in developing protocols and training for staff to understand the Electronic Media program and the services it provides to HCF.
- Understands the HCF design brand standards and applies these standards to all internal and external communications.
- Assists the Director in maintaining and reporting statistical data to measure department’s progress and milestones.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, computer technology, marketing, media design/production or related field
- Five plus years of web or electronic media experience.
- Demonstrated success in designing and executing an integrated electronic communications/marketing campaigns and programs from strategy through execution. Search engine optimization (SEO) experience desired.
- Experience in web development and maintenance for organizational websites.
- Knowledge of content management environments
- Strong working knowledge of social media marketing technologies, platforms and practices.
- Experience in coding or graphic design a plus
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to translate electronic technology concepts to staff and users so they understand the purpose, applications, usability and results of these media tools.
Mathematical and/or Computer Skills:
- Basic math skills to produce misc. reports as needed
- Proficient in word processing and editing.
- Knowledge and proficiency in HTML, CSS, digital photography/graphic editing, and MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ). QuarkXPress and InDesign a plus.
- Knowledge of Drupal/open source CMS and understanding of PHP and LAMP servers.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Word Press, Ruby on Rails, IIS (Internet Information Server) and Apache. Blackbaud’s NetCommunity platform a plus.
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing, and online video publishing.
- Knowledge of web analytics (Google Analytics) and mobile applications desirable.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License, clean traffic abstract and access to an insured vehicle required.
- Excellent command of the English language. Strong writing and creative skills, and attention to detail desired.
- Understanding of marketing, public relations, web, publications and media industries.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit industry a plus.
- Possess excellent organizational skills; capacity to work under deadline pressures and handle a variety and multiple tasks efficiently with accuracy and timeliness.
- Understands the principles and delivery of client relationships/service management.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, remain flexible to changing priorities, meet multiple and competing deadlines and complete tasks without supervision.
- Committed to working as a team member while achieving departmental goals and following the organization’s values.
- Ability to believe in HCF’s mission and translate words into daily actions.
Work Environment/Physical/Mental Demands:
- Works under regular office conditions
- General office hours are M-F, 8:00 to 5:00 pm, with flexible hours as needed
- Required to travel as needed
- Ability to operate general office equipment including computer, copier, printers, fax etc.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 25 lbs. of general office material or equipment
- Must be multi-tasked and project oriented
- Ability to adjust work priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to perform work with attention to detail and accuracy
An Equal Opportunity Employer