TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

I recently met a social media expert at a local gathering. To protect his identity, we will call him Ring Tailed Lemur.

Me: "What do you do?"
Ring Tailed Lemur: "I'm a social media expert."
Me: "Interesting. What sort of work do you do with social media?"
Ring Tailed Lemur: "I have lots of friends on Facebook and I tell them about my customers' products."
Me: (friendly joking) "I'm sure that makes you very popular."
Ring Tailed Lemur: (serious face) "Yes, well. I think they like it."
...long uncomfortable silence...
Me: "Cool."

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I vaguely remember someone calling himself a social media consultant/expert at the Manoa Geeks events last month. hmmmmm.
I'm sure just about everyone at Manoa Geeks is a social media practitioner, or even expert. Just some know better than to label themselves such or put it on their business cards!

The debate about the collision between marketers and social network addicts was, I thought, written up quite well in "Is Your Tribe Holding You Down."
Is Your Tribe Holding You Down was a good read. As I read it a list of people came to mind for both tribes. Thank you for the link.
Ryan said:
I'm sure just about everyone at Manoa Geeks is a social media practitioner, or even expert. Just some know better than to label themselves such or put it on their business cards!
The debate about the collision between marketers and social network addicts was, I thought, written up quite well in "Is Your Tribe Holding You Down."
I started a thread related to this ... thinking over , I should have just continued the discussion here. Anyway, here's the link for those who are interested http://www.techhui.com/forum/topics/social-media-expert-part-2?xg_s...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service