Hawaii Information Consortium (eHawaii.gov) is currently looking for a dedicated Java Developer to develop cutting-edge e-commerce applications using the state-of-the-art web application development frameworks. The right candidate will be a part of a great technical team in an excellent work atmosphere.
- Design the business components for the application with Agile methodologies.
- Implement key business modules in Java with the Spring application framework.
- Develop the Web layer of applications with the Spring MVC framework.
- Object relational mapping with Hibernate.
- Design the database using the standard RDBMS design techniques and make sure that the database tables are in normalized form.
- Configure the Eclipse IDE for development environment and to integrate the source control tool with Eclipse Plug-in.
- Create Unit Test plans and test the components with Junit.
- Create System integration test plans and document the test results for the integration testing.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of two years hands on programming experience in Java.
- Familiarity with Java Web Development Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.) and Apache/Tomcat platform.
- Minimum 2 years of Unix experience.
- In-depth familiarity with the web-based e-commerce applications.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong grasp on web application security issues.
- SQL query optimization, Oracle PL/SQL is a big plus.
We are a private company located in the heart of downtown Honolulu. We create and manage the web applications for Hawaii state government and provide online services for businesses and private citizens alike. We offer competitive benefits including paid health insurance, a casual office environment, and matching 401k contributions.
NIC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If interested in high growth, lots of opportunity, challenging work, and making a difference, please apply online via