Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for an IT Project Manager opening with a client in the banking sector. Candidates with PMP certification are highly desired. If you are interested in being considered, please forward your resume to email@example.com or call us at 839-2200.
The project manager is responsible for overall project success, serves as the central point of contact, and provides leadership and direction to the project team. The project manager plans, monitors and drives execution of project activities to assure project quality throughout the Project Life Cycle. The project manager is responsible to visualize, articulate and develop the plan that will achieve the project objectives within the designated cost, schedule and performance parameters.
- Manages multiple, complex, moderate to high risk enterprise projects; oversees completion of project activities and tasks relative to scope, schedule, budget, and quality
- Works with project sponsor, owner and other staff to ensure the project scope, objectives and plan are clearly defined
- Develops the overall project plan and schedule including objectives, phases, tasks, deliverables, resources and estimates, work schedules and assignments
- Identifies, analyzes, and manages project risks, and ensures compliance with regulatory and audit requirements
- Mentors junior project managers, develops and conducts training, and provides project management consulting to business units
- Ensures that the project is developed, implemented, and documented under organizational standards, policies and procedures
- Applies the Project Life Cycle Methodology appropriately to the project
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT or Business
- PMP certification or ability to become certified within an agreed upon timeframe
- Minimum 5 years of IT project management experience
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, and IT systems including client/server architecture, mainframe, application development, database and web-based applications
- Proficiency in MS Suite including Excel, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and work under pressure to meet strict and multiple deadlines with quality results